Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today was 790 miles on the bikes odometer. That is my longest ride to date. I got started about 45 minutes later then I wanted. I made some packing changes. Rene' suggested I ship the camping gear like last year, and I decided to do that. That brought down the other bag to the seat. I also could bring my good tripod instead of my so so one. Much heavier, but more capable when I get to doing some photography. The weather was great and the traffic not too bad.

I had a car with it looked like the parents, and two daughters who thought I was a rolling site seeing attraction. They were Asian and the father kept taking pictures of me. I would pass them, they would pass me, and each time he was snapping pictures. He then with this big grin, nodding his head up and down, holding his thumb up with one hand and the camera in the other. I gave him the thumbs up, which we did twice. The last time they passed by both daughters were waving. Guess we made each others day.

I have this short video of me going through Chicago. Not real interesting, but other then the two daughters, nothing else was worth videoing. You can see the Sears tower in this.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of riding in one day. We saw you leave Huners Crossing 45 minutes late.

    ReplyDelete