Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This video is me leaving Buffalo, WY on RT 16. I took lots of video, but will post only a few of them.

Today's riding was very nice. Most of it was secondary scenic twisty roads. The traffic was light for the most part and the clutch problem seems to be resolving. A brief word on the clutch, the more I think about it, the more I believe somebody screwed around with the bleeder at the motel. I had absolutely no problems, and after leaving the motel, maybe 30 or 40 clutch activations later I have an empty reservoir and no clutch. A bleeder shouldn't just start leaking like that out of the blue.

I left Buffalo on RT 16 for Ten Sheep then to Worland, up to Cody where I got on RT 14 for Yellowstone NP. Road a short loop and headed to Teton NP and down into Jackson, WY where I briefly met with my nephew Greg. From there up over the Teton Pass to Idaho Falls. I am about 3.5 hours from Boise the destination I should have reached today (070710). This is such amazing country out here, I was in alpine covered mountains, high plains, canyons, and a couple of National Parks.

When you ride alone and for that amount of time you can't help but to think of things, despite your best efforts. I was on the high plains headed to Worland and there was a sign for "Worland 15 miles". Being up on the plains, you can see for ever, but I could not see Worland yet. I was thinking I used to drive 20 miles to work, and it did not seem to as far away as the horizon was looking at the time. I'm going and going and still no Worland until after what seemed like 50 miles it was there. My point is what distances we are really driving when you can see them unobstructed. Driving to work, back a few years ago, I was going up and down hills, around curves, through hamlets or towns. You loose the perspective of distance because your view of distance is very limited.

Here are a few more videos to give you a view of the road as I traveled them. Never mind that one pass over a double solid line on the Teton Pass. That goofball was doing 25 MPH and could not keep it in his lane. Besides I was missing some twisties that needed some riding.

Leaving Yellowstone, South Road.

Passing by the Grand Tetons

Teton Pass. Rene' and I did this pass a couple of times last year on our trip. I is just a few miles from where we were staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment