Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Waterfalls Jasper NP.

Finally a GRIZZLY. I took this photo after leaving Jasper NP. There were cars all over the road looking at this grizzly that was from 30 to 50 feet off the road. I could not see it at first, but when I could, it was time to get out the big hardware. I was about 30 feet from him on this shot. He stood up when he heard a tractor trailer starting to move. Most of the people around me started to quickly move back which is the wrong thing to do. Anyway I finally got some good grizzly shots. There is a video of him also, but I did not post it.


Jasper NP is a spectacular park. Gorgeous mountain views, and a great road. They do not have as many pull off as many US parks do, but the scenery is just as good. I spent most of the day in the park, and wish I had more time. You could easily spend a few days here. It is so hard to take in such grandeur. My head was swing from right to left trying to take it all in. This is a definite for anybody looking to visit up this way. I didn't see any wildlife in the park, but saw some, such as the grizzly, and lots of deer outside the park.


I now have two days in a row without rain, YEAH! The riding was at a slow pace today, and the weather comfortable. I visited the Columbia Ice Fields and walked up to the Glacier. I didn't go out onto it though. Sorry but I really wasn't too impressed. Looked like home in the winter, and big dirty sheet of ice. Everything else in the park I was impressed with.




This video shows some of the park, and possibly a waterfalls, that the first picture is of this falls. The falls is right beside the road, and it reminds me of the falls in Ithaca, NY.



This video I pull over and shot it standing there. The video does not do this place justice.

This video has some legs to it, but it shows the ride and how things change around the corners, a new view with every turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment