Sunday, August 8, 2010

The day was a beautiful sunny day, that got pretty hot. I started out on Rt 14 and found myself running some very scenic, and twisty roads. A real pleasant surprise. My goal was to possibly run through Sturgis to get you some video, and to do the Badlands NP which I missed on the way out. I did do both. I put down 412 miles yesterday, and 680 today. I broke 12000 for the trip today. I have some great video, but my video converter has stopped working again. Funny how these things just stop working in computers. don't know if it was the program itself or something Windows & is doing to it. The bottom line is I have to reinstall it (this will be the third time) before I can convert the files and upload them. It is now 10:30 and I'm just to tire to screw with it tonight. I will edit this post and post the video later.

Sturgis was sloooow going through it, although there didn't seem to be as many bikes as when Rene' and I went through there last year. Maybe they were all out taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

I was hoping to get into Minnesota today, but I am I think about 130 miles short. I ran out of energy and daylight. Good thing as there was a real nasty storm I was chasing without knowing it. Have you ever heard that storms that produce tornadoes have that bumpy look underneath. I was looking at those clouds thinking about that. They were not brown, another sign so I didn't give them much thought as being too bad. I was also watching a large cell that appeared to be attached to the end of the bumpy clouds. Well this was a big powerful storm that the hotel clerk said may have had a tornado touch down not from from here. Darn, I missed another bucket list item, photographing a tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment