Friday, August 20, 2010

Here are some more shots of the grizzly. The top one is when he/she decided they had enough of the gawking snacks, and was not interested in meat I guess.

Here you can see the teeth, and how they use their lips to pull the berries off of the plants. You can also see how easy it is for them to hide in the bushes.


Berries or people, easy pick'n or a short chase. Guess I'll stay with the berries for now.

What's going on over there?


The eyes are looking, the ears are listening, and the nose is smelling. He was expressing a lot of interest in us at this time. At 30 feet he could have been all over us "tourist" in seconds. My defense, the kid next to me wasn't wearing any shoes, a quick stomp from me, and the jumping and hollering from him, well you get the picture.




Add Video

This video is when I first pull up the the scene. I had trouble spotting the bear at first, but he then came out and could be seen. The bushes were only about 10 feet in depth. The end of the video is just me getting out the point and shoot camera, then electing to go with the DSLR with the 100-400mm lens. I am glad I took the time to take these photos. Most of the time I was snap-snap and off riding again. Next time, I will plan a much slower pace to take advantage of these opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment