Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two Days in back Idaho

Spent two days dual sport riding with Ken near Warm Lake. Ken and CJ used to own a cabin there and they are still friends with those who still own cabins around the lake. This is a beautiful area and a pleasure to visit. We stayed with a friend of theirs, Sherm, who was a great host. Sherm has some help in Jennette, and Colleen who help him around the house. Sherm has a little trouble getting around, but it doesn't appear top stop him.

The riding was great, although I am still learning to handle the smaller bike, and do it on dirt, gravel and what ever comes my way. Yesterday the route was a little more primitive, and a little more tricky then today's routes. I did have a little crash today, no damages to me or the bike. I got a little out of wack on some fist sized rocks and ended up going off track up a rock wall. Had the bike back on the track and going in less then a minute. Going off the other side would have meant trying to get back up a substantial embankment.


First day video one.



First day video 2.

Today we had lunch in Yellowpine, and old mining town that has a winter population of about 25. This next video is coming back into Yellowpine after riding deep into the back woods.





A video of today's ride showing some of the route along the river.




Ken and CJ have been great hosts, and I thank them immensely. Ken has shown me some of the other side of dual sport riding. I start heading East tomorrow. I have a few choirs to complete in the morning so we will see how far I get. I would like to get to the Bad Lands for some photos.

2 comments:

  1. Your journeys are amazing mate. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but the trip is coming to an end, and the ride through the middle part of the US is nothing more then a race across the states. I hope to have some photos of the Bad Lands, and I still have some stuff I need to post yet.

    ReplyDelete