Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rest Day






Tuesday was a rest day. I went with CJ and Ken, and Eric to a restaurant to meet with some friends from their group, CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) get together. Eric is an avid dirt rider who is also a missionary in Nicaragua. He flew out to Nicaragua this morning. The group wanted to get together with him before he left. We rode there, which was only 1.5 miles there, so much in the way of riding and tracking, sorry Ron. I spent a lot of time processing photos, I down loaded an HDR program that I had purchased before, and found the Email with the key, so, I was able to do some processing of HDR. These photos are HDR processed photos.

So far today, Ken and I went for a bicycle ride along the Green River to help prepare for the planned hike to the top of Mt. Borah. This will take place after I return with Rene from Glacier NP. Mt. Borah is over 12000 ft and is an all day hike up and back. We will ride out and camp then hike it the next day. But before that, I eagerly await Rene's arrival for our adventure to Yellowstone, and Glacier NPs. Just a note, I acquired Buttis Sourous (Latin for sore ass) from riding that bike, I will appreciate my motorcycle saddle a little more now.

Tonight we are going to do a dinner ride from a local motorcycle shop. This should be a nice ride and a lot of fun too.

Tomorrow we are going for a dirt ride. I will be taking Ken's DRZ400 which is considerably lighter and more nimble then the R1200GS beast.

The group for the dinner ride was a little smaller then normal I guess. Three of the riders took a dirt road there, so they are not with us. The route was Idaho 21 and I rode this road last year. It is a great road starting with nice sweepers and when you get past Idaho City (an old gold town) the road turns to twisties. We had dinner in Idaho City which is basically a one horse town, but dinner was good. After dinner, the group took off back for Boise, and Ken and I followed up a little later. I have three videos, one the ride to, and one the ride back. The third is just showing the dusk sky while riding back.

Ride to dinner.



ID 21 run back to Ken's.



Colors in the sky at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment