Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top of the Rockies Rally





I visited the Garden of the Gods again this morning and took a few more shots. I came across a buck and took a few shots of him.

I made it to Paonia for the Top of the Rockies rally. I did the Independence Pass to get here. A road worth doing. I had video of some of the drivers, but apparently my card was full, and I did not get this one in particular. This guy was all over the place and often almost all the way into the oncoming lane on these narrow winding mountain roads. A motorcyclist worst nightmare when coming head on to guys like that. I did get some other video of the ride, one I am posting is on RT 24 from Colorado Springs to Aspen. The other two are on the Independence Pass.

The Independence Pass is a great motorcycling road. Car traffic does slow you down a bit, but it wasn't too bad until the end. There is paving going on, and that also slows things up. Colorado is such a beautiful state. Funny thing is you run from plains to mountains to plains to mountains, and valleys to rolling hills. I love how the roads twist along side rivers. The rivers look real nice and are of the picturesque mountain stream or rivers.


You will notice they don't use a lot of guard rails there, and once over it is over.







I have Internet service here at the rally, but I have no phone service. I plan to do some of the rides tomorrow and Saturday.

OOPS I doubled up on one video, and it appears I can't remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment