Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rally over

The rally in Bloomsburg is over. I have met new friends and have said my good byes to both the new and old ones. The ride from the rally starting my trek west was really nice. It was dark, but my HID, and LED lights really light up the road. It was cool, and the traffic light. I rode a little over 150 miles I think. The hard part was finding lodging, everything appeared booked. I have learned to use the smart phone more for these things. With my GPS and the phone I can locate, and call the different motels. I use an app called Kayak which even searches out prices in many cases. Something I learned last night was that some hotels will show as booked, but will hold a few rooms for walk-ins, so I will call them regardless just to be sure. I found a room for me about 10 miles further down the road.

Today I did about 650 miles. I am 46 miles east of St. Louis, and will go through there first thing tomorrow. I had some rain today, but it was not bad, and helped keep me cool. I was getting that drowsy feeling, you know when you blink it starts to become a 1 second then 2 second blink. I had to stop much more frequently to shake it off. This is a new problem as of late. I guess the heat is wearing on me more then it used too. The bike seems to be running good except I am getting a bit less mileage. I will make inquiries to see if something else might be causing it.

There are "excessive heat advisories" for this area but hopefully I will be out of it before to long. I am going to try using the LD Comfort long sleeve shirt and soak it every once and a while. They don't recommend it with a mess jacket, but the same principle seemed to work with a UnderArmor tee shirt. We'll see. Several stops and lots of fluids are in order for today.

Don't forget that you can track me live by scrolling down to below the last post and click on the track me link. This will take you to the Spot page and you can track me. You will notice a space between PA and IN, I did not press the track button long enough to activate the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment