Friday, July 8, 2011

New year, new trip

It has been a while since I posted. I have been preparing for a new cross country trip for a while now. There was a plan to go back to Alaska, but the logistics just didn't fall into place. That may be next years (2012) trip.

This year I am going to the BMW rally in Bloomsburg, PA, then off to the Top of the Rockies rally in Paonia, CO. After that to Ken and CJ's place in Boise, ID. Rene' will meet me there and we go to Yellowstone for two days camping, and one day motel. She is a little leery since there was a fatal grizzly attack in Yellowstone two days ago. We will both have bear spray, and will be smart around the bears. After Yellowstone we run up to Glacier for two days motel, and one day camping.

I then take her back to Boise where she will fly home. I may ride with Ken a few more days before heading to the Badlands in SD. After that I shoot home. Not a big trip like last year but it should be real nice. I am hoping to get a lot of photography done on this trip.

I am taking the R1200GS again, as the riding in ID does involve a bit of dirt. I will have new tires for the dirt on the bike, so we will see how it handles. I am planning on not pushing so hard and will limit myself (if I can) to 500 mile or less days. I will try to stop more often, and enjoy the ride out and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment