Friday, July 22, 2011

Steam'n

This is the horse jail we set our tents up in.


I came down to Bloomsburg on Thursday afternoon. The ride was very hot, near triple digits if not triple digits. I made several stops to cool off and try to hydrate. I usually just ride tank to tank, but the heat forced me to stop more frequently. I met up with some friends from the Johnson City rally. Chaz, his wife Sandra, and her pop Ron. Other friends there are Bob, John, and new acquaintances like Cliff (the chef), Jerry, Sharon, another John, Tom, and others.

The first day was spent just trying to cool off. I set my tent up right next to Bob's tent in one of the larger horse stalls in a horse barn at the entrance. the place resembles a jail with the bars. The good is there is a roof overhead, the bad, no air flow. The first night was unpleasant, the heat was tough to break to fall asleep, yet I fell asleep sitting in a chair prior to trying to sleep in my tent. I guess that I am becoming an old man.



Fri


No comments:

Post a Comment