Friday, July 22, 2011

Steam'n II

Not again. I was having some problems with the bike. It was running poorly, and every time I filled it up, it hesitated and bucked. This started a few weeks ago, but I was hardly riding it, and was thinking I was getting some bad gas, after all who uses 89 octane. On the recommendation of Jerry, a fella from Canada, I sought out a BMW dealership, and spent 6 hours there. Another day of missed riding lead by Chaz. The shop diagnosed the problem. Apparently when the fuel strip was replaced, the tech may have damaged an O ring for the quick disconnect. When I took the bike back for a fuel leak, that tech in searching for the leak had removed the tank and evap canister. He reinstalled the canister backwards causing in effect a vacuum leak. The mechanic at Two Jacks was able to figure this out and with a re syncing of the throttle bodies get the bike running to form again. I have contacted my dealer regarding this, we'll see how they resolve my unexpected $214.67 bill. Afterward spending the day at the dealer I rode to Chaz and Sandra's for a real nice steak dinner prepared by Cliff, who cooked for about 14 people. I spent a bit of time, twice in the neighbor's pool. It was very refreshing. But 10 minutes out of the pool and you felt like you were never in it. Tomorrow we plan to hit the vendors and attend the closing ceremonies, and the awarding of he grand prizes. I will leave after that to start out west. Next destination Colorado Springs. I plan to be there by Tuesday afternoon.




2 comments:

  1. Mark...thanks so much for the mention in the Fabiusrider blog. It was a pleasure meeting you and hope to run into you agin somewhere on the road! Have a great trip West.

    Cliff "Chip" Feltham

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not edit the pages until this morning to correct your name. It was a pleasure meeting you and you riding mates.

    ReplyDelete