Saturday, September 15, 2012








The top two photos are Cathedral Rock from different locations. Cathedral Rock is located outside of Sedona, AZ.The next photo is from motorcycling in Alaska, and this is Denali NP. The next two photos are at Grand Canyon NP, the next is motorcycling in Glacier NP. The last photo is at Horseshoe Bend in Page, AZ. A story on this Horseshoe Bend photo. To get the shot you have to stand on the edge of the rim, which is I am guessing about 1000 feet down. Doing the same at Toroweap, it is about 3000 feet down. The day I took this shot, two others were standing there with me. I was on one end, and a Frenchman was on the other. He turned away after setting up his camera and as I looked over, the camera and tripod fell over. I yelled, but it was only enough warning for him to turn and watch his camera smash down onto the rocks. It didn't go over the edge, which might have been more merciful for him. I don't speak french, but I understood what he was saying. Poor guy, I am sure it ruined his vacation. The other photographer next to me waited for color in the sky, and finally said he was going. Five minutes later the sky developed color. He didn't get his shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment