Saturday, September 15, 2012












The top photo is from Upper Antelope Slot Canyon, which I visited once. The rest are from Lower Antelope Slot Canyon, which I visited four times. I prefer the lower canyon because for photography I believe it has better features, and fewer people. Plus as a photographer you can go in unguided for 2 hours, while the upper is guided and busy with tourists. The Upper does have a spectacular beam in what I believe is called The Cathedral. Here I have a couple of beam shots, one is at "Hole in the Rock", and the others are at "The Chief". If you look you can see the profile of "The Chief". Here is a little secret, the beam or ray of sun only occurs at certain times, and is not always visible. You have to have dust in the air. That is where my brother comes in handy, throwing sand into the rays to make the beams visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment