Sunday, June 27, 2010

These images show how the bike will be loaded for the trip out. The tank bag will hold things like cell phone, and glasses. On top of the tank bag is a map pocket so that I have a hard copy map of my route. The seat bag contains all my camping gear, tent, sleeping bag and such. The two water proof bags on top of the panniers contain riding pants, rain gear, and heated liners. One bag contains my stuff, the other contains Rene's.

The second photo shows the Garmin Zumo550 GPS, and the SPOT satellite personal tracker. The SPOT device receives the GPS signals, so it knows my location, and it sends a signal to a satellite. The signals can be a pre-constructed message, a request for help, 911 or a regular signal to track my progress.

The third photo is of the VholdR Contour HD wearable video camera. The white part of the mount I made so I could get it mounted correctly. This video camera will be either on this mount, or on my helmet, which I also had to make the mount for. Stay tune for video.






No comments:

Post a Comment